Here are some of the ideas for how to "play" with another class of middle schoolers, then the next step will be to hook up with those classes and see how it works.
- Each student should operate under a teacher-approved nickname and never reveal Name, Age, or Location . . . even though the game forum is private. Practice digital citizenship wisdom.
- Students should not, within the game forum, arrange to meet outside of the game forum. This includes giving email, phone, or other contact info.
- Choose the as a group something for the other group to guess. Your goal is to find something that they can guess within 5 guesses . . . if it takes them longer than that you haven't done your job well.
- Choose a category: local animal, vegetable, building, or geographical landmark.
- Create 5 clues that will lead the other group to it, then post the first clue and category in the games discussion forum.
- The other group can ask 2 YES/NO questions each day, one or both of which may constitute a guess at the answer.